A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An "I Wish" for Samuel

In a few years, when Sam can start going to school, I would love for him to be able to attend the Denver Montclair International School or a school just like it. They offer full-immersion, bilingual education in French, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese to children 3 years old through 5th grade. Tuition for full-time students is a little more than what we spend on daycare, $10,950.

I just heard about another school that is the first Denver public full language immersion school, Denver Language School. I will have to keep taking a look at this as Sam gets closer to school age.

If I had to pick a language for Sam to take, I would choose Mandarin Chinese. I hear it is one of the hardest languages to learn, but kids can pick up languages so easily. Also, China is becoming a huge powerhouse in the world and I want to give him every advantage that I can.

If this program is not possible for us when he is able to begin attending, 3 years old, I'm going to get a language program, like Rosetta Stone, and teach it to him myself. I hope that we can make it a game so that it is fun for him and not like studying.

I do have a few years before a schooling opportunity is available for Sam, but I can start thinking about it now. I'm definitely a person that tries to think ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.