A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics Start Tonight

If you haven't heard (unless you are on another planet), the 2010 Winter Olympics start tonight with the Opening Ceremonies in Vancouver. I'm so excited. I set up my DVR to tape everything that NBC is putting out there (unless it conflicts with my previously set up recordings). I'm not the super crazy person that will be taping everything on every channel, just NBC. I may end up checking out MSNBC for any extra coverage, but I'm not going to become fully obsessed.

Sam will not be able to really appreciate the athleticism of these competitors for a few more years. Once he can, we might simulate some of the events on solid ground (meaning not on ice and snow), maybe in the living room or his bedroom.

My favorite events are figure skating, bobsledding, ski jumping, snowboarding and curling.

What is your favorite Winter Games event?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a Winter Games fan, but I'm really looking forward to ski-cross this year!
    --Matt B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.