A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Monday, May 24, 2010

Turning a Corner

I have made a big decision, I'm sick of being fat. Of course, my husband would never say that 3 letter word to me- FAT, but I know that I am.

I have started running again and I have made a commitment to run the Rock 'n' Roll Denver Half Marathon in October. I am using the same training program that I received when I ran the Denver Half in 2007, but I'm going to start training for the full marathon to bump up the calories that I will burn. I'm hoping to complete the half marathon in under 3 hours. It took me 3:28 in 2007.

Maybe I should define my current terms first.
Run- a slow waddle that mimics running in every way but speed. I expect this term to morph and change as I become more fit.

On Saturday morning, I ran for 1 hour. Of course I only went 4 miles, but of that 4 miles I ran one solid mile without stopping. I'm very proud of that.

During the weekday, I have worked through some of my lunches so that I can run or use the stationary bike in the workout room during my lunch. I have even started a new blog to follow my progress, but I'm not ready for it to be completely public yet.

You may not have ever thought that you could be a runner, I never did, but I have found a lot of enjoyment in the solitude of me against the road.

If you are interested in hearing more about my running program, please comment below and I can forward it to you.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to see your running program! I am attempting to start running again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without contact information, I cannot forward the program to you. Please e-mail me at wilberta2006@yahoo.com and I can make sure that I get it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.