A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shifting Your Focus

I have recently become aware of a website that has made me think about things differently and how I want my life to be alligned.

Becoming Minimalist

Operation Minimize (where we are reducing the amount of things in our home) is a portion of "Becoming Minimalist."  This idea is about zeroing on those experiences and reducing the clutter of debt, time constraints, goals, and living a fuller life.

Today's post from Becoming Minimalist is about living a life you can be proud of.


It just may begin to shift our focus upwards to things that bring us true, lasting pride. Things like:

  • A Clear Conscience. Living a life consistent with our values.
  • Character. Choosing to treat others and ourselves with high esteem and respect.
  • Sincerity. Living with no attempt to deceive those around us.
  • Wisdom. Not being tossed and turned by the culture of the day, but laying a foundation of certainty from outside our ever-shifting culture.
  • Love. Embracing a heart that, above everything else, seeks to love others.
this is my goal.  I'm not sure how long, if ever, it's going to take me, but I really want to live life to it's fullest without a lot of extra BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.