A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Friday, February 4, 2011

Organizing Papers

I have been participating in "Operation Minimize" and organizing the space that is left using suggestions from the I'm an Organization Junkie blog.

This week, I have altered the way that I write my daily lists to reduce the amount of papers that are lying on our counter.

Tip #47 in her book, Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It!, she suggests to Utilize notebooks and lists.

"Use a notebook to keep track of detailed lists, rather than have Post-it Notes and little scraps of paper all over the house."

I used to keep my "To Do" lists on my Outlook Calendar at work and print out the page at the end of each day.  What a waste of paper.  Now I have an 8.5" x 6.5" spiral-bound notebook where I keep the long term list on the left side of the page and the daily "To Do" list on the right side which can be discarded nightly.  This lets me always see what is on the long term list without having to re-write it every day.

This has reduced the amount of paper all over the counter and all of my long term organization goals are together and can be added to as I see fit.

Also, I spend less time trying to find the page with today's list, since they are all together in the notebook.

I'm so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.