A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brian's Birthday Bash and CPR and First Aid Class Results

We were unable to celebrate Brian's 40th birthday during it's original weekend because of my mother's heath issues, so we decided to reschedule it for the weekend of October 21st.


We had it set up that Sam would spend that Friday and Saturday nights with Brian's parents and we would celebrate Brian's birthday on Friday and attend the CPR and First Aid Class on Saturday morning.


I don't think that I thought it out very well, because going to a Red Cross class hung over wasn't my idea of fun.


We had postponed the class once before (August), but committed to completing it this year.  HERE is the reason that we attended the class.


I told Brian that he should stay downtown after work and I would just meet him down there. Unbeknownst to him, I had reserved a room downtown at The Magnolia Hotel so that we wouldn't have to worry about getting home and access to our vehicles after going out.


After work, I went home and packed a few things for both of us and headed downtown. We met at the hotel and checked in. He was definitely surprised.


After having a wonderful dinner at The Denver Chophouse, we headed downstairs to Sing Sing, a dueling piano bar, to complete the celebration. Brian begged me not to make him go onstage for their adult comedy roasts, so I obliged.


Near the end of the night, a woman was brought onstage celebrating her 60th birthday. The entertainers asked that all of the men in the audience come to the front of the stage and serenade the woman. I caught most of it on video (in 3 parts).










We had a blast!
We got back to the hotel safely and went to sleep very quickly (aka-passed out).

We woke up around 7:30 and by 8am, we were on the road to pick up Brian car to attend the CPR and First Aid class.

We received a lot of good information and learned a lot, but I had a splitting headache and was dehydrated from the night before. The mannequins that we used were a one-use item (even though we used a face shield). After their use, we were asked to pull off their face and put the face in a box and the body leaning against a wall. We were asked to do the same thing when we completed the infant portion of the class.

Very creepy!




We relaxed the rest of the day and Sam was dropped off by my ILs the next morning. When Sam saw me at the front door he hugged me so tight that I could barely breath. After about a minute, he pulled back and looked at me, the proceeded to give me another big hug. This happened a couple of more times.

Very sweet. I missed you too, little boy.

Thank you so much Andrea and Jay for taking such great care of our little boy. We might have to ask the same thing from you on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day since we have tickets to the Bronco's game, but we can talk about it more as the end of the year approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.