A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Monday, January 30, 2012

Pantry Challenge- The End



I didn't adhere to the Pantry Challenge to the letter. There were times that I forgot to thaw something or thought that I had ingredients that I didn't have, so I had to head to the store for random items, but I KNOW that I saved money this month.

Here were our family’s goals for the “Eat From The Pantry Challenge”

  • To build my menus from what we have in the freezers and pantry.
  • To stop at the store a maximum of three times in January.
  • To only buy dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, etc.), produce (fruits/vegetables), and bread.
  • To spend a total of $150 or less on groceries during the month of January.
  • Donate the extra money that we would usually spend on groceries to Sam’s college fund.
Here's what we accomplished.
  • To build my menus from what we have in the freezers and pantry. - Mostly Complete
  • To stop at the store a maximum of three times in January. - I think it ended up being 5 times
    Linked to Good Cheap Eats
  • To only buy dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, etc.), produce (fruits/vegetables), and bread.- Mostly Complete
  • To spend a total of $150 or less on groceries during the month of January.- I'm pretty sure the total was right around that.
  • Donate the extra money that we would usually spend on groceries to Sam’s college fund.- We are going to put the extra $150 that we didn't spend this month in the college fund.
We are probably going to continue this, informally, since we are planning on putting our house on the market in a month. I'd love to use a lot of what's in there now, so that it doesn't look as packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.